Photo Gallery | WECT bids farewell to First Alert Meteorologist Robb Ellis
WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) – Wednesday marks First Alert Meteorologist Robb Ellis’ last day with WECT News.
We wish you the best of luck in the future, Robb!
As you begin a new chapter in your life, here are a few going away comments from your colleagues:
- From Nikki Bussey: Robb, I'll never forget the time a group of us went to Slice of Life and you casually just picked up the check for everyone. :) Or our conversations at Courts and Sports (HA!) Give Ari a big squeeze for me! And good luck! I know you'll be great!
- From Brittany Dewey: I haven’t worked with Robb that long compared to other people here, but he was a good friend to me early on. A friend and I went off-roading this past summer and got stuck in a huge mud puddle in some random backwoods in Brunswick County. Robb was the only person I knew who had a truck that could pull us out. I managed to find his phone number and called him out of the blue – he answered and came to rescue us even though he barely knew me at the time. I will definitely miss him and Jack, both as a friend and meteorologist.
- From Iisha Scott: Thank you so much for making my transition to WECT one of great pleasure. I truly appreciate all of your help and guidance over the past couple of months. Good luck on your new position! We will miss you dearly!
- From Craig Reck: Go get 'em, Robb!! It won’t be the same in the news room without ya. Now who’s going to steal my style and “accidentally” wear similar shirt/tie combos? Best of luck in the big city!
- From Frances Weller: Robb: It goes without saying that we are going to miss you beyond words. Your talent---your humor---both go unmatched. You made it especially fun to be here because I knew, even on a bad day, you would find a way to make me laugh. You are truly one of the smartest people I have ever known and I know you will do extremely well in Indiana. They are so lucky to have you. We were fortunate to have you as long as we did. No goodbyes! (Ain’t nobody got time fa dat) :) For now, best wishes my friend. I’ll miss you.
- From Ashlea Kosikowski: Robb always finishes his weather report in our afternoon meeting by saying, “Thoughts? Questions? Points of interest?” So here are mine today. Thoughts: I think you are amazingly talented and you will be missed terribly – not just by me but by our viewers too. You are so loved. Questions: Do you have to go? Really? Don’t you know how much we will miss you? Points of interest: Indianapolis is so lucky to have you. Wishing you only the very best in the future. Please keep in touch!
- From Michelle Li: I’m really going to miss cracking jokes with Robb in the studio. He’s become a very good friend, and I’m so proud of him. I know he’ll do great things!
- From Ben Powell: Robb...you're a king. You will be missed. Thanks for everything. Best wishes!
- From Kim Ratcliff: Robb, I think if you had pulled some Carolina in the Morning shifts you would have stayed. LOL! Good luck and I hope you like snow.
- From Caraline Waldrep: Robb! Wishing you the best of luck on your new adventure! I know you will rock it out “Indy” style! Your style and your sense of humor will be missed! Wishing you nothing but the best! Make a trip back to Wilmington soon! :)
- From Gavin Johnson: Robb, you're definitely leaving a lasting impact in this market. Although you're leaving, viewers here will be asking about you for years to come. You will be missed.
- From Debra Worley: While I’m excited to celebrate Robb’s success, I’m sad to see him leave the WECT and First Alert team. He’s been a great help on the digital platforms and had creative ways of getting to our viewers. Best of luck Robb – you will be missed!
- From Sarah Crandall: Robb, I wish you the best of luck in Indianapolis! The viewers there will be lucky to have you. I’ll never forget your great sense of humor or your generosity, especially when you won that $100 gift card to Nikki’s Sushi and treated everyone to that gigantic sushi boat. You will be missed!
Copyright 2013 WECT. All rights reserved.