Photo Gallery | Cause of house fire ruled accidental
WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) – Wilmington fire officials responded to a house fire in the 300 block of Davie Drive Thursday afternoon.
According to Battalion Chief James Casteen, firefighters responded to a call around 4:50 that there was a small fire in the kitchen.
Upon arriving to the scene, they determined that the homeowner and her children got out safely.
A cat was also safely recovered.
The has been been extinguished, and no was taken to the hospital.
Fire officials say there is smoke damage is throughout the home.
The cause of the fire was accidental, and due to unattended cooking.
Damages are estimated to be $5,000 to the structure and $2,500 in contents.
The American Red Cross has reportedly been contacted to help the home’s residents.
Copyright 2012 WECT. All rights reserved.