Keep us, and your neighbors, in the know.
- News tips
- Community Events
- Become a blogger
- Submit a story
WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) – Firefighters responded to a call to a fire in a sauna Wednesday around lunchtime.
According to officials, it is unclear where the fire began at this time or what caused it to start.
Dispatch operators said the home in the 1700 block of South East Harbor Road off of Myrtle Grove had been evacuated, and firefighters said no one was inside when they arrived.
The fire damaged two floors of the home. Firefighters ripped apart the ceiling of the first floor to make sure there were no hotspots.
A firefighter cut his hand while working on the fire and was taken to the hospital for treatment. He is expected to be okay.
Copyright 2013 WECT. All rights reserved.